If you could completely redesign what it’s like coming to work, how would you do that?
Dreamplex is Vietnam’s leading workplace experience provider. We design and deliver people-centric work experiences that help fast-growing companies attract and retain the best talent, and that help employees to have a better day at work.
Part of making work something to enjoy, rather than to endure, is designing offices and buildings that people love going to. As we’re expanding rapidly and we’ll be opening multiple large-scale locations in the next 6 months, we’re now looking to hire a project-based:
DESIGN DIRECTOR (ARCHITECTURAL/CONCEPT/INTERIOR) [Project Based]
What you will do
- Work closely with the Chief Experience Officer and CEO to select the right external design partners (architectural and concept) in creating future Dreamplex locations.
- Be the internal and external guardian of our brand, standards, and experience at each stage of the design process, especially towards (architectural and concept) design partner firms.
- See through the design and build of new Dreamplex locations from the original brief to the final touches: concept development, detailed design, design development, build.
- Manage and review design documentation. Ensure that issues and obstacles are flagged early and clearly to all internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Work with our Project Management and Purchasing team to ensure design solutions are delivered on-brief, on-time, on-budget and to review, integrate and coordinate the architectural, structural, MEP, landscape and interior plans and budgets.
- Integrate the built environment with the day-to-day experiential layer by working closely with our in-house Experience Design team across interior and graphic design, decoration, strategic workplace programs, event planning and execution.
- Create and regularly update our design and build specifications to ensure our design and build process is consistent, incorporates Dreamplex standard elements where appropriate, optimized and efficient from both time and cost perspectives.
What you need
- A highly proactive and organized way of working to manage the end-to-end design process.
- Proven experience in delivering large office design (architectural, concept, and interior) projects.
- A deep understanding of young Vietnamese and their workplace environment preferences.
- A true affinity for breaking the status quo and delivering something the market hasn’t seen yet.
- Fantastic communication and collaboration skills, managing multiple parties at the same time.
- Ability to think, work, write, and speak well in Vietnamese and English.
What would set you apart
- Experience in multi-disciplinary design, overseeing a team of designers across interior, graphic, and experiential.
- A strong network of design partners and consultants, both generalists and specialists including light, acoustics, energy, sustainability.
- Experience with delivering projects that are LEED or WELL inspired or certified.
What’s in it for you
- The freedom to bring your unique vision to life
- To be the leading design force behind a new standard of the way Vietnam works.
- To work with an inspired team that is creating the future of work in Vietnam.
- Grow, develop, and lead as we grow as a team and company.
- Working where you want, when you want, with 5 locations across HCMC + Hanoi to call home.
- Access to 2 or more social events, creative workshops, and training per week that aid your personal and professional development and help further build your network.
- A competitive salary, benefits package including phone and meal plan, and private health insurance.